Calling experienced Production Managers!
Freak Films are a production company based in Edinburgh, creating content for commercial, corporate, digital and bespoke museum & exhibition clients.
We are expanding to include TV broadcast content and are looking for a new ‘Head of Production’.
- To oversee all the jobs that come into Freak Films
- Quote budgets for new jobs, scheduling time lines and staff (Internal and External).
- Senior point of day to day contact for all Freak Films stakeholders.
- Line Management and personnel development of Freak Films staff including Production Co-ordinator, Producers, Assistant Producers, Production Secretary.
- Implement clear systems and ways of working within the Freak Films team, so that budgets, client briefs, schedules, scripts, meeting notes, invoices, etc.; are all recorded and saved to be easily found by other team members when necessary.
- Work with Creative Director and Producers on Freak Films ideas to pitch to TV commissioners and other clients pitch for future business.
- Working with the Creative Director on strategies for future business and new avenues for Production and work. (EG – TV, multimedia development).
- Oversee risk assessments for all activities and liaising with insurance where necessary.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Approx. 10 years experience in a production management capacity.
- Confident, leadership abilities, able to lead, delegate, develop and motivate teams across a range of projects.- Experience managing a variety of sizes of budgets.
- Good technical and post production knowledge, in particular production workflows.
- Demonstrable business and finance skills, able to create, forecast and manage significant production resource and budgets with extensive experience in setting up shoots.
- Experience handling health & safety
- Have a good knowledge of copyright and will oversee that the Producer and PC acquire the correct clearances for archive/ music etc.
If you are interested in this Head of Production role, please send your CV this week to: Louise.Brown@freakpeople.com